Swapped 147 for 156 SW - Some questions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 11-02-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

156 '01 2.4 JTD

Swapped 147 for 156 SW - Some questions

I cried, bitter tears, but its done. My 2002 147 has been replaced by something more 'practical' (The wife's words) 2.4JTD 156 SW (2001).

I need some advice.

1) The engine, as far as I knew was a 136odd BHP yet some sources say it was a 150HP engine. What's that all about?
2) Its the Lusso version and, comparing it to my 147 Lusso, has sweet F'all in it. No ASR, No cruise control, not even a CD player -.- How is it any different from the other models?
3)Is it better for me to swap the radio out and any suggestions or pay £160+ for the alpine plus fitting
4) Speakers: The sound like those beancans you used to talk in connected by a string - any suggestions?
5) Is the remap worth it and what should I be getting - how will this influence clutch as it may just be me, but going from 1st is always a bit jittery

The only other car I would have besides my alfa would be another alfa.
Sponsored Links
County: Wiltshire
Re: Swapped 147 for 156 SW - Some questions

1. It depends if you have the 10 valve or 20 valve engine, your year is the change over so if you PM me the chassis number I can let you know.

2. Those are optional extras on both models.

3. That depends, but it's the speakers tat let it all down in standard form.

4. As above.

5. Power Vs Reliability, personally I wouldn't, too many remaps are eating EGRs and turbos, there's plenty of power already in a 20V, but the 10V can benefit and responds a little better than the 20V to the process. Personally I'd spend it on shocks and springs to make it handle better and keep the power going to the floor.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , 156 , questions , swapped