156 Climate Control - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 31-05-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
156 Climate Control

Well, well, well, it's really hot (relatively) in London - yesterday was 28C and the air from my climate was freezing!

It appears that the system - now that it was vacuumed and re-gassed last year - works great.

I've also noticed that it reduces the temp of the air as the temp of the air outside increases, i.e. it seems to be more efficient the warmer it is. This sounds strange as it should always supply cool air regardless of temp outside, but this is a topic which has been discussed endlessly on this forum.

I was freezing in the car. It takes a good 5 mins to kick in, i.e. max fan speed, min temp, but after that, I had to increase temp to 18C and speed 1, but even that was too cold.

Looks like today will hit 30C - will report later on.

This is the first time that the climate has been working good in the 2.5 years that I've had the car and I put it down to the servicing of the system last summer - wasn't that hot last year and didn't get much of a chance to test its efficiency.

1999 156 Selespeed Veloce
Pegasus Blue
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

The A/C system in the 156 is not the best – I think it’s the lack of fan power and the poor position of the outlets.
The system also tends to leak after a few years but you don't normally notice it in the UK until it’s too late and the gas is nearly empty – then no / poor cooling.

If you keep it full and make sure the ‘cooler’ in front of the engine is kept clean it should work well in the UK.

30 deg is a nice low temp for here. Today its 42 deg C and I don’t feel it’s that hot.!!!! Have seen 50 deg C in the shade.

Must be mad but you eventually get used to the heat here. It takes a few years after living in the UK.

156 2.5 V6 24v, Cosmos Blue Metallic, Tan Leather, 17” GTA's, 225/45 Michelin PS2's, Full Zender body kit, GTA Headlights, Eibach springs, Koni FSD's, Eibach Anti-roll bars, Ferrari 360 Brembo calipers, DS2500 pads, Squadra ECU, 45mm Intake Runners, Carbon Intake, Dan & Wizard exhaust

156 2.5 V6 Qsystem, Red + Red Leather, Bilstein dampers, DS2500 pads...soon Brembo calipers, 17" GTV Teles

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , climate , control