CD Changer installation - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
CD Changer installation

How hard is it to wire a cd changer through a 156 - whats the best way to hide all the wires, which bits if interior do I need to mess with - any advice or ideas welcome - thanks guys
Sponsored Links
My 156 came with no audio installed (imported). I fitted a Sony MD/radio head unit and a CD auto changer in the boot, against the back seat on the left hand side. The Sony 'changer has two types of cable connecting it to the head unit. The first is a pair of phono cables for the audio, the second is the control cable to the head unit. I ran these cable through the (very) tight space between the inside of the wheelarch and the base of the back seat. Then I took off the plastic trim which runs along the bottom of the door openings. The cables run under there ( not much room as I used thick audio cable) then up the front of the front door opening and across underneath the glove box to the head unit. five metre cables were enough to get it all connected.
The hardest part is getting the cable through from the boot to the car interior. Well worth the effort though.

If you have the standard (made by Alpine) radio casette, you can buy a 6 disc changer which sits on the little "shelf" on the left hand side of the boot behind the wheel arch.
JD - Thanks
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

Use the search button, you will find many links about it. Also you might wanna check this post

AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
And if you have the newer Blaupunkt head unit there are some instructions from me for fitting the CD changer to a 147 on here somewhere. I'm sure the same changer will be compatible with the latest 156.
Im assuming these guys are in the know on how to stick on in

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

changer , installation