<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by spiider:
<strong>do u need any special tools to do it ? (e.g to remove the oil filter ?) also what are the things u need to do first ?
Is that the correct way to change the oil.
0. Lift car
1. Unscrew screw
2. get rid of the oil
3. Remove old filter ?
4. put a new filter
5. put screw back
6. put new oil</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">try this:
0. Lift car
1. Remove oil top-up cap in engine, so that oil would drain quickly.
2. Unscrew drain plug
3. get rid of the oil
4. Remove old filter
5. Lower the car. More oil will drain. Leave for a few mins
6. Lift car again.
7. put a new filter and put a little oil on it's washer.
8. tighten oil drain plug, preferably replacing it's copper washer. (can be bought from alfa dealer, when you buy the oil filter. i bought 6 washers the first time i changed the oil, not expensive.)
9. put new oil
think thats the way i do it...
(This icon is a copyright of Banflu, Banflu Enterprises and Banflu DIY-Electronic Parking Systems).