156 acceleration question - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
156 acceleration question

I have had my 1998 2.0 156 for about three months and have now got used to the fact it's faster than my previous car. However, I have noticed that when I put my foot flat down it does not accelerate as quickly as it does when I back off the throttle a bit. Anyone had this sort of problem before and any idea of what causes it?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Setúbal

I don't think that is a problem... I think it's just the engine management doing it's stuff, cutting off the excessive fuel, so that the car has better fuel management. I could be wrong though...
I find that normally, on injection cars, I can get better acceleration by pressing the accelerator progresssively than just hammering it down

all the best

AO Gold Member
sounds like a throttle response remap can cure your "problem"

AO Member
County: Cornwall
Hello Essex
I had the same problem after the battery had been removed to do the gearbox. I took it back to AMC in Chelmsford and they re-booted the system....all ok now. Incidently, where do u live and where do you take your Alfa?
Alibob (Nr Brentwood)
Sorry to go off-topic guys, but anyone have any experience of AMC's bodyshop at all? I'm having trouble getting a bumper-respray (done elsewhere) to match, and considering going there to have the matter resolved. It's my Alfa Red 156, 18 months old. Cheers.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , acceleration , question