Repairs after minor bump on front wing and door - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 18-05-03 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 156

Repairs after minor bump on front wing and door

After having my Alfa 156 for only 3 month a guy managed to touch it (well, it was too little to say "crashed") while doing reverse and made two small bumps, one in the front wing and one in the door.
Because the car is new I have the right to claim new wing and door but the guy from Alfa Romeo told me that the damage that would be made to the car by changing door and wing would be far more serious that the bumps and suggested fixing the existing ones.
What is your opinion on that?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 Turbo, 330CD

Should be able to change a wing & door without creating more damage!

Not sure on the wings on the 156 if they are welded or bolted on, but they are changeable regardless. And if done proeperly, will look perfect.

Same as the door....
although expect some marking on the plastic trim interior, this will mark easily i expect when they are swapping the door innards over.

Welcome to AO by the way wink
AO Silver Member
County: Kobenhavn

Member car:

156 GTA SW

I wouldn't worry to much about the front wing, the door however is another matter. It all depends, if the dents are very small I'd keep the door, as I fear the new door won't be sealed by the factory. Most garages and paintshops do a lousy job when they seal new panels.

Just my 2P's worth

Do you have 'Dent Wizard' type people down your way? If the paintwork isn't scratched and it's really just a crease in the metal, they can work miracles by popping out dents. You'd be amazed at what they can do. wink
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

Do "dent wizzards" in Greece. If the dents on the door are small, try an "outside" repair, avoiding removing the interior trim. It needs time and knowledge not to leave marks at the doorhanlde, not to mention possible creaks (i wrote pιssible by mistake ) after the repair. And nobody here (besides yourself) is willing to spend time for "state of the art" dent fixes. I say follow Hoygaard's advice wink

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bump , door , front , minor , repairs , wing