I would say you are not that unlucky, for me it was :
1. £800 service including the cambelt during which one of the plugs was misthreaded.
2. New engine when the plug ripped out and smashed coil pack into little bits small enough to fit into the cylinder. (the garage claimed they did not misthread the plug it must have been me).
3. New clutch
4. New brake discs and pads all round.
5. New suspension (never buy a car with lowering springs on standard dampers).
6. New wings (lowered cars dont fit mud flaps so road gravel blasts all the paint and galvanising off).
8. Full respray.
7. New wheels (drove it into a curb and verge at 50, oops)
8. New radiator (see above)
9. Air con pipes (damn that verge)
10. New brakes 30,000 miles later.
11. Fuel tank straps (dreaded rust)
so far thats all but my local garage is always looking forward to my next visit.DPP_0002 copy.jpg