Imported Alfa... English logbook ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Imported Alfa... English logbook ?

For those that have imported their Alfa from Europe to the UK was their logbook in english or in the country language the car was imported from ?

Mine came with a dutch/french logbook (as it was imported from Belgium) but all the manuals are in English...

Am I supposed to have a English logbook ?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
I imported my Alfa 156 from Dublin a couple of years ago. Hardly surprising therefore that my logbook and other documentation was in English!
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire
My privatly imported 156, collected from a Dutch dealer, came with full English documentation, except for the Service record which was dutch.
A kind UK Dealer gave me a new service book, which I sent back to the Dutch Dealer to have the PDI stamp done.
I made a point of specifing on the order, full english documentation.
Ok so no point of me asking my Belgian dealer.... Now where can I find a nice Alfa dealer that will give me an Enlgish service book... Anyone has a spare one ?
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750GTV 147Lusso

I think you should be able to buy one from the Parts counter at your local dealer.
AO Member
My car is an EU Import and I got it through a UK dealer.

The DVLA registration says registered new in the UK, I have full UK documentation including the UK service book with a UK dealer stamp on the pdi and the following services.

Only EU info I got was the Certificate of Conformation.

I have an UK Alfa from UK Dealer and the manuals were all in Italian!
They swapped them over no problem but it took a week for them to get english manuals in
seemed mighty strange to me

BTW where do you get your car serviced ? In hayes desira ?

Any comments ?
Bought the service book from the dealer... and it was 14 ! (most have been a very expensive paper)
I got the car from Bishops in Guildford. I have been to Desira with my coupe before but took it away sharpish after a chat with the service engineer.
As far as I know the service dept is the same one as when they were Hayes Bridge Fiat/Alfa owned by the Desira group. They ripped me off with my first mk1 Punto a few years back then went bust and did a runner.
Would not go back there.
Bishops in Guildford seem alright Thames Fiat in Slough are quite knowledgeable although dunno about Alfa servicing with them.
Probably take my motor to L&M International in High Wycombe. I trust them with everything.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , english , imported , logbook