156 1.8TS Umph - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-01-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hampshire
156 1.8TS Umph

Hi All,

Been out test driving 156 estate 1.8TS and 2.0 TS's today, all 2000/2001 and I was impressed, but oddly will probably end up going for the 1.8TS, didn't feel much slower or less torque (I'm going from a TDi PD 115 passat so I'm used to more torque - lots more torque) but did feel a fair bit smoother (tried 2 x 1.8 vs 3 x 2.0). All had about the same mileage 70k to 100k.

The 1.8 goes surprisingly well and even better once I realised I had to change down a gear to go up hills. In all the cars ALL the electronics worked, seats/interior were fresh and free from wear.

Got to get rid of my bus (2000/W 1.9TDi PD 115 passat estate anyone?) and then I'll go and spend some money!

One thing I'd love to do and did on my 2.0TS 75 (the best car in the world!) is to fit an induction kit - I had a pipercross cone on the 75 but I've read some mixed opinions about doing it (oil into MAF?). I'm not worried about power hikes, just loved the noise!

Alfa Romeo 156 1.8TS Veloce S/W 2001.

Last edited by kwakba; 28-01-09 at 16:44.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

156 1.8TS

Re: 156 1.8TS Umph

I've got a 1.8TS, and it's a great car when you push it! It's also a great car when you want to cruise around .... the power below 2,500 rpm is very low!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 18ts , umph