Yea another Motor control System Failure and more - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 23-01-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
Help Yea another Motor control System Failure and more

Yea another Motor control System Failure and more

Motor control System Failure light has been on for about 5 months now. It comes on every time i start the car, but car drives fine.

list of problems i have

1. Motor control System Failure

2. when i start the car once cold it makes a little tick tick noise and the car will start to stutter only when taking off. To solve this i have to let the car warm up for a couple of mins before driving off. also once the car is warm i can switch off and try again for another journey its drives first time with no stuttering.

3. since the Winter well when it was ice cold in the morning i have noticed the car started funny but once warm is ok and that it makes a rubbing sound when i move the steering wheel in either direction makes a noise but once warm you can just about hear it.

3.also the car veers to the left i have changed the wheels at the front then a week later i got the wheel agalinment done still the same thing.

4.Selespeed failure warning light comes on has started to come on since 17 Jan saturday but at the moment it does not get struck in a gear just the pump keeps making noises i think it is coming from the selespeed pump.
once car is warm and when i restart it i dont keep getting the selespeed pump weird noises. and the warning light only comes on once or twice. also the pump does chime when i open the door

5.I have now been told i need a new body computer and they need to order it from Italy and they will programme it cost is 500 inc labour. fault is one brake light and indicator does not work or the bulb stays on even with the key not in. so have taken out the bulb but this can wait until March april when the MOT is Due.

And yea i have been reading this forum regarding the Motor control System Failure since this morning at work and have only done minium work. this forum is great would be better if i had replies
Please can anyone help me.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
Re: Yea another Motor control System Failure and more

This will need the codes reading to hopefully find the faults. Under engines I posted a list of websites for repair/remanufacturing ecu s etc.
Do a search on my posts and you'll find it.
AO Gold Member
County: West Midlands
Re: Yea another Motor control System Failure and more

couple of thoughts:
1. is there oil in the well to plug No 1, often oil gets slopped from the filler, runs into the plug well and slowly kills the coilpack. Often its a slow process so the light will come and go, but its an easy check and they are cheap enough off ebay. However a motor fail light could be anything really, but the plug check is easy to do.

2. Are you parking your car up in gear? if it's parked in neutral it will troger the sele light, leave it in first and hopefuly the light will not trigger, if it still does, it will need further checking.

(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 29-01-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
Moaning Re: Yea another Motor control System Failure and more

on the 26 Jan the selespeed got struck in 2nd gear when i was going up a little hill.
the pump noise when you open the door was not happening.
recovery driver said it could be to do with the brake theres a switch on the brake dont understand what he was rabbiting about.

I've taken it to the garage they checked the pump it was not rasing pressure also fuse/reply for selespeed was blown there have put in a new pump and done a system reset and recalicibrated

also my Motor control system light does not come on any more so far

bill was £472

i've got a big hole in my pocket

how much are selespeed pumps my invoice over £300 including VAT for pump

also my mate has just giving me a Alfa 147 Diagnstic CD for PC contains Wiring etc looks really good

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

control , failure , motor , system , yea