I've done it !!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 14-04-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
I've done it !!!!

Hi, just wanted to share my happyness with you all... Just ordered a new 147 JTD 16v and sold my 147 T-spark.

Possibly I'm really crazy because my car is only 11 months old, but I've found the best price I could ever get for a second hand T-spark and changing to diesel i will save 1250 euro each year on fuel costs and on the testdrives the multijet really amazed me with his power...

The new one will arrive in 2 months, till then I can drive my T-spark and gladly so i can come to the meeting!

My JTD will have same options except I have ordered the sportseats, and the supersport wheels which I will drive in winter. Just have to decide no if i will order 18 inch for the summer...

I guess it will be definitely 2 long months with that gorgeous Autodelta frontbumper laying upstairs, waiting to be mounted on my new bella.
Also have the novitec sideskirts.

So from now on I'm interested in everything about the JTD's, any comments and experiences, hints are very wellcome such as: Breaking the engine in and is there a fully synthetic oil on the market preferred for the JTD. I think alfa only advise semi 10W 40 ?

Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Congratulations with your new bella. And waiting for two months can't be too hard in your case since you already have the pleasure of being a 147 owner.
AO Member
I just tried one of the "voitures agricoles" named jtd... I must admit I liked it, but I'll stay on my selespeed...
AO Gold Member
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by spining:
I just tried one of the "voitures agricoles" named jtd... I must admit I liked it, but I'll stay on my selespeed...</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Selespeed isn't that a fancy way of saying "I SELEct my SPEED slower than a JTD" laughing
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 147 jtd 16v

Congratulations man!
Welcome in the ranks of the 16v jtd drivers (or soon to be 16v jtd drivers).

As to oil, I can't comment, there's bp visco in it right now (10/40 I think), and after 6000km the oil level is still between 4/5 bars on the oil meter. Dunno about changing to fully synthetic, I am a pretty carefull driver (driving no more then 3000/3500 rpm the first quarter of an hour after cold start), sofar my average fuel consumption is about 16.5 km per litre.

I did ask some information about tuning the JTD, at squadra-tuning, they had thought about it, but I was the first to actually inform about it. They expect to increase the hp to about 165 hp

AO Member
I tried Mobil 1 Turbodiesel which is fully synthetic 0-40W. There was a noticeable difference in ease of turning over and the engine felt slightly quicker to respond. However the oil consumption increased wildly, so I guess its too thin and hence not recommended. Unfortunately there isn't much on the market which is TD specific.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT