A few little issues with my 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 20-01-09 Thread Starter
County: Cornwall

Member car:

147 1.6TS

A few little issues with my 147

OK, I've had my 2002 147 for 6 months now and there are a few small issues that have crept up and I haven't found a solution to, hopefully somebody here can point me in the right direction?

Firstly, I pretty much constantly get a 'rear foglight failure' warning after I start driving (usually but not always after going over any sort of small bump). I did read somewhere that the connectors for the bulbs are known to come loose and to tighten them with a pair of pliers to solve the problem, so I've been doing this over and over but it only seems to fix it for a short period of time - is there any way to prevent the connectors from coming loose again that I'm missing?

Also, some brightspark ran into the back of me a few weeks back, and whilst I couldn't see any obvious damage (aside from the left hand reflector being missing) my rear wiper has started knocking when I use it - this will sound stupid but I'm not sure if it did beforehand and I just didn't notice, so should I hear a knock when the wiper goes down?

Finally, when braking hard in the past I've got an 'oil pressure low' warning come up, only to go off again a few seconds later, and I usually check my oil afterwards and it's always been full. However, recently the warning has started to come up and stay on for quite a while if I've braked hard - am I doing something wrong or is this something to be expected?

I apologise if these appear to be pretty bone questions, I have had a trawl through Google and the forum but couldn't find everything I was looking for.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Essex

Member car:

all alfas

Re: A few little issues with my 147

Rear fog light failure - so far,you have done everything correctly,with the connector,so now poss fault is body computor,common fault.

should I hear a knock when the wiper goes down? NO,poss motor or wiper arm fault.

when braking hard an 'oil pressure low' warning come up... make sure you have an alfa oil filter,if you do,then you have an oil pump problem,you need to get it checked a.s.a.p

good luck
AO Gold Member
County: West Midlands
Re: A few little issues with my 147

are you sure it was an oil warning not a low brake fluid warning as they are both red?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , issues