She's Back! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 05-04-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
She's Back!

It's been a hellish two weeks for so many reasons, many lawsuits pending ;-)

But she's back on the road, picked her up last night, it's now the weekend, so that's all you get. May explain later but off to drive, now!
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
drive 'er hard
AO Platinum Member
County: Porto

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

She's back... to the road again... wink
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 06-04-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Had some fun yesterday, long overdue methinks, cos the last two weeks have been a joke.

End result was that a 9p U-Clip or similar had snapped and the seal over the slave cylinder had come off loosing hydraulic pressure. I'm told the RAC guy should have been able to do a temporary fix, at least enough to get me to a garage.

But no, and then the garage they took it to diagnosed it needing a new slave cylinder, and then a new clutch. Yet it had a new clutch not 3 weeks ago, so I shelled out £200 for the slave cylinder and to get it low loaded to the original dealer 60 miles away.

The dealers mechanic diagnosed the clip problem in 2 minutes, but then discovered that the mounting bracket holding the slave cylinder was damaged. We're currently suspecting the garage it had come from and I'm awaiting a written report. If it's true then I'm going after them for my £200 back, and the dealer will too, for the time and parts he's had to replace unnecessarily.

All in all a stressful and expensive time. The positive side is she's back on the road and better than ever. Also a lot of the vibration / feedback I was getting through the clutch pedal when I depressed it has gone, I'm assuming this is related, but definately gives me more confidence.

Now all I need to do is find a job, but it's a day off today, all those that got laid off (only 1/3 of the workforce!) are getting together for a BBQ / **** up tonight. It's not like we have to get up for work in the morning ;-)

You're born, you live a little, you keep your head down, then you die. (Eddie Hitler - Bottom)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT