Slave Cylinder for V6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 27-03-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Slave Cylinder for V6

I'm trying to do a bit of my own research, but can any of you confirm whether the Clutch Slave Cylinder for a 156 V6 with a 6 speed box is the same part as that for a standard 5 speed 156?

Only ask as the garage where my car is deposited are saying they can't find/adjust the (Clutch Arm?) onto the new slave cylinder.

Taking into account a new Clutch was fitted a week ago (by different garage), I'm trying to work out if they might have ordered/received the wrong part from Alfa?

I'm assuming that somehow the new clutch was adjusted to fit the previous slave cylinder cos it worked, briefly. So is this a possible reason, or are the garage just a bunch of muppets?

You're born, you live a little, you keep your head down, then you die. (Eddie Hitler - Bottom)
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Wiltshire

Member car:

Bikes these days

Flish, I have been looking at the Parts CD that I have, and neither the slave nor the lever arm it connects to differentiate between 5 & 6 speed. However, the parts CD is notoriously difficult to understand if you ask me, so I would suggest a simple call to an Alfa parts dept.

(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 27-03-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Thanks for looking, guess I'll leave this in the hands of the garage and prey they come up with a magic solution soon.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cylinder , slave