Quality of Bodywork Repair (156)...Suggestions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 23-03-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Quality of Bodywork Repair (156)...Suggestions

In January a my car was shunted from the back. Got my local Alfa dealership to do the repairs - Alan Gibson in Basingstoke.

Last Monday, I picked up my car and did an initial check on the car and looked OK (at 4.45 in the afternoon when getting dark). So I signed the 'acceptance of work' form. My brother in law noticed the following problems today:

1. N/S Rear Bumper by wheel not aligned
2. N/S Corner Boot Bottom Paint 'Reacted'
3. Boot not aligned
4. Boot clunks when closes
5. Run in Bumper Paint
6. CD-Changer installed the wrong way around!

Also, someone drove into my car (destroying the side indicator, creating a small dent and three creases) at Alan Gibson before I picked it up. The garage will get it repaired, but:

1. They said it will be 'popped out'.

My brother-in-law says creases cannot be popped out... I shall get a jpeg of the accident in the next day or two....

What would anyone suggest?
Sponsored Links
You'd be amazed at what can be 'popped out', but take them to the cleaners over the other stuff! eek!
You should not accept the repairs. A good bodywork/painter should be able to do the repair so that your car look as new, do not accept anything else. My Alfa shop's painter is really good, he can repair stuff so there is absolutely no trace of the repair. They can even via computer controlled paint programs, match the exact colour of the car. With today technics they pop out dents perfectly, providing there is no paint damage.

Sent you a PM that might, or might not, help...
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.0 TS

If it were me I would go and break their legs! Sorry to hear about trouble, but ultimately the car was thier responsibility whilst it was in their possession. They have to make repairs to your satisfaction, not theirs.
Good Luck, I hope it will be looking gorgeous again soon.
AO Gold Member
County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Your Alfa dealer should be able to repair these kind of minor damages to perfect condition. I once had my 155 repaired by the dealer here - I think it was better afterwards than before.

I thought you might like to see this photo - might make you feel a bit better - luckily not my car either.

I believe this car was repaired.... but not by Alfa.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156suggestions , bodywork , quality , repair