GT "Sport" button - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 13-01-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

VW Jetta

GT "Sport" button

Hi all,

sorry if anyone has already answered this. I searched but alas to no avail

I have the GT Cloverleaf 150bhp and was wondering whether Alfa had been lazy and programmed the ECU the same for both the 150 and the 170Q2? If so then could getting that 170bhp be as simple as popping the trim cover off and wiring a switch to the Sport button loom connection?
It sounds way too good to be true but also the sort of cheap ass trick that car companies use to get sales on higher end models?

If the 170 map is not in existence on the ECU then does anyone know if it is possible to put the standard Q2 map on the 150 ECU?

I know most people will prob just say get a remap from Celtic or whoever but as the car is a company car there is very little I could get away with.

The chassi label inside the dorr says "Alfa GT Cloverleaf 1.9JTdm 150-170bhp" I feel cheated out of my additional 20 ponies

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cheshire
Re: GT "Sport" button

ah that would be great wouldn't it but i don't think it's going to be the case, the 150bhp map is more likely to be the standard map as the JTDs had this prior to the 170Q2 being produced. The 150-170 map is likely to have been added by exception to the selected models. That's just my thinking rather than any mechanical fact btw Cheeky of Alfa to do the 2 power version imo, just give us the full power version!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

button , sport