First dealings with Alfa service - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 15-03-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
First dealings with Alfa service

Its now a year since I picked up my 156 and nothing at all has gone wrong with it so today was my first dealings with the Alfa service desk.

Autoworld at Chesterfield quoted 40 more than Co-Op a Nottingham so it was off to Nottingham.

I had noticed the rear suspension rummbling on slow speed bumps so asked the girl on service desk to write on the job card. "No need to" she says "The mechanics will pick that up during the service"

I walk away very doubtful.

On return she says the car isn't ready as the mechanics found the rear stub axle bushes split and decided to change. I asked why she hadn't rung me and was delighted to find they were doing the bushes as Warranty work.

I didn't ask for Fully synthetic oil so was expecting semi, they have used Shell Helix Ultra fully synthetic and had left an unopened 1 litre top up bottle in the car for use as required before the next service.

All in all then very pleased with the service at Co-Op Nottingham.

Sponsored Links
Glad it worked out ok for you.

Was this a standard service? I thought they were all "menu" priced? Certainly were when I was having services on the 155 when it was new.

Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Glad to hear this story. Normally we only hear lots of complaints about them.
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 15-03-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Only thing that I have found was they say 7mm tread left on rear tyres which is OK but they have put 6mm left on front tyres and they are nearly down to the wear limiters, about 3mm I would say.

Also say that front pads are only 25% worn but rear pads are 50% worn. Seems strange the rear pads wearing quicker than the fronts.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , dealings , service