147 indicators acting strangely? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
147 indicators acting strangely?

Just got my car a couple of weeks ago and have noticed that the indicators are acting a bit oddly...

1. Sometimes when I indicate left they dont switch off after I return the steering wheel to the centre position. Seems to be ok when make 90 degree turns, but roundabouts etc. are not.

2. When turning right (going round a roundabout, say) they switch off even if you move the steering wheel left a tiny amount.

Is this normal?

Other than that the car has been problem free and an absolute joy. Im beginiing to think this dodgy reputation Alfas have is just made up by Alfa Owners to scare off BMW drivers that are starting to think 'what if?'
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Congratulations with your new car!

I agree; I need to make a big turn with the steering wheel before the indicators are off. I have gotten used to turn my indicators of manually. However, a difference between the left indicator and the right one is not so good. Best ask your dealer about it...

Happy driving!

AO Gold Member

I have exactly the same experience with the indicators. So I guess it's "normal"

Anyway, I like the car not one bit less about this
Cheers Ivo.

Yeah, I agree its no big deal. I just wanted to know if this is something typical or something i should make sure gets addressed by the dealer when it goes in for a service.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , acting , indicators , strangely