20K service costs?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 43 Old 12-03-03 Thread Starter
AO Member

20K service costs??

How many did you pay for the 20 k service?

My bill has arived with 97,53euro on it.

That's just for replacing air filter, interior air filter, DP1 (??what's that?), and use of the examiner ! Funny: use of examiner cost 6,2 euros; maybe it is build by alfa self and doesn't last very long due to excessive wear and faults, from there the costs...
Changing oil and oilfilter I do it myself; maybe they have increased price to **** me of?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nicola Romeo

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Q-Force:
<strong>How many did you pay for the 20 k service?

That's just for replacing air filter, interior air filter, DP1 (??what's that?), and use of the examiner ! Funny: use of examiner cost 6,2 euros; maybe it is build by alfa self and doesn't last very long due to excessive wear and faults, from there the costs...
Changing oil and oilfilter I do it myself; maybe they have increased price to **** me of?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wouldn't complain that's a good price dp1=pollen filter I think, they're expensive, the same service in the UK cost me 225= euro 329.32 count yourself lucky!

You could do it all yourself and lose any warranty you may have frown

CHF
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTD Moon Blue

I am sure that if you ca replace the oil filter and change the oil yourself, you sould have any problem reaplicng the airfilter and Pollen filter ... so why did you take it to the dealer ?
(Post Link) post #4 of 43 Old 13-03-03 Thread Starter
AO Member

Warranty !! eek!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Q-Force:
<strong>Warranty !! eek! </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Warranty my arse...

I gave my bella today to the dealer to fix three problems:

1) Ticking noise at cold startup (ONCE AGAIN )

2) Noise from upper wishbones or brakes when turning the steering wheel while braking at low speeds. Noise from upper wishbones when passing speed bumps.

3) Pinking

I have 21.000km and havent done the 20k service yet. I asked them the cost and they said 200 Btw the 20K service warning message stopped appearing when i passed 20.000km. This means that they dont need to reset it at the dealer?

200 for oil and filters ?????

I told them not to even think about the 20K service unless they fix the three problems first. I m gonna buy an oil and air-conditioning filter and change oil and filters myself, my friends are experienced Fiat mechanics and can do the service just fine. I prefer to buy a 200 present to my friend, instead of giving my euros to the lazy motherf****r dealer.

Warranty? who says changing a filter by yourself cancels the warranty? i m not sure

In this case, changing a bulb could cancel the electrics warranty..
AO Gold Member

jomor, surely you are not implying that you have never changed the Alfa's oil in the last 21,000 kms? eek! eek!

btw: it is very easy to do it. all you need is a big allen key
(Post Link) post #7 of 43 Old 17-03-03 Thread Starter
AO Member

I allways change oil and oilfilter myself...

I just brought the car to the dealer at 20 k because then I get the stamp in my service book which seems to be necessary for right on warranty.

The service warning stops automatically???

On my bill there is a charge on using the examiner (for 6,2 euro excluding VAT) for ressetting the km-counter on periodic service !!!

*******s....

Or... maybe your dealer has already switched it off??
AO Member

Member car:

147 2.0 TS

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jomor:
Warranty my arse...

I gave my bella today to the dealer to fix three problems:

1) Ticking noise at cold startup (ONCE AGAIN )
<hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have the same problem with my bella. It's driving me mad and i don't have a clue what's wrong with it. But after the car warms up the noise disappears.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

2.4L VTEC Honda

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nicola Romeo:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Q-Force:
<strong>How many did you pay for the 20 k service?

Changing oil and oilfilter I do it myself; maybe they have increased price to **** me of?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wouldn't complain that's a good price dp1=pollen filter I think, they're expensive, the same service in the UK cost me 225= euro 329.32 count yourself lucky!

You could do it all yourself and lose any warranty you may have </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Damn then I must be really really lucky then!

20,000Km Service Cost me $117.57 Aussie Dollars!

Changed Oil & filter & top up all fluids! & changed air filter

all up if you convert it Thats like 30 quid! (pound sterling!)
AO Silver Member

County: Victoria
Reuven,

eek! you serious? done it Alfa dealer?

all up only A$117.57, even with air-filter. It sounds like the money for the air-filter itself only.
How come so different between Syndey and Melbourne. ? eek!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

2.4L VTEC Honda

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ABYSS:
<strong>Reuven,

eek! you serious? done it Alfa dealer?

all up only A$117.57, even with air-filter. It sounds like the money for the air-filter itself only.
How come so different between Syndey and Melbourne. ? eek! </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ABYSS

What can I say my freind the 147 car is the cheapest car in its class to run! (Was in a Motor Mag that I read back in November 2001)

Yes I use Alfa Dealer! (But I must admit we get on well!)
AO Member

Hey Reuven, What dealer do u use?
Ive only done 8000k's so a while to go yet...

Edit:
Oops.. forgot to add that i want to use 10w60 oil when they replace mine, and retail thats about $70 for 5 litres....
AO Gold Member

County: -
In Melbourne I got charged A$228 (128 Euro) to change the oil and I supplied the oil
Boy did they see me coming eek!
AO Member

Member car:

M3

I must sadly be getting ripped.
1500km oil and filter change on the GTA in Sydney was $345

approx 193
AO Silver Member

Member car:

2.4L VTEC Honda

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by calzone:
<strong>I must sadly be getting ripped.

approx 193</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hope you dont mind me asking what dealer ?
AO Member

Member car:

M3

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> posted 11-04-2003 02:30
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by calzone:

approx 193

Hope you dont mind me asking what dealer ? <hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good old Rick Damelian
AO Silver Member

Member car:

2.4L VTEC Honda

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by calzone:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> posted 11-04-2003 02:30

quote:

approx 193

Hope you dont mind me asking what dealer ? <hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good old Rick Damelian</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well I need not ask any further! Theres your answer! Try Alfa Centro Dealership
AO Member

Member car:

M3

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:

quote:
posted 11-04-2003 02:30

quote:

approx 193

Hope you dont mind me asking what dealer ?

Good old Rick Damelian

Well I need not ask any further! Theres your answer! Try Alfa Centro Dealership <hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have you used Rick's prior and found Alfa Centro a lot better?
AO Silver Member

Member car:

2.4L VTEC Honda

<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:

quote:
posted 11-04-2003 02:30

quote:

approx 193

Hope you dont mind me asking what dealer ?

Good old Rick Damelian

Well I need not ask any further! Theres your answer! Try Alfa Centro Dealership <hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have you used Rick's prior and found Alfa Centro a lot better?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Before i had my 147 I drove a 1996 Saab 9000CD model we bought from Rick but when it comes to service & repairs I find them way to expensive!

( They have to many overheads to look after)

My 80,000Km service was around the $1600
AO Member

You guys. Don't put up with such nonsense pricing! Labour should be no more than $100/hr. My assessment of dealers' "service":
Rick(Smith)- when I went there was a ****** service consultant. Knew nothing about AR. Only went once for warranty claim. Problem persists.
Centro - charge an eastern suburbs premium - like $120 extra for a brake flush where Italia (same company) include this in the service cost (where applicable).
Italia - ok, but damaged my car while "fixing" it. Replaced damaged part (after inconveniencing me).
Next stop will be Brian Foley Alfa, Hurstville. Authorised AR service. Quoted almost half the price of dealers' (Gtv) annual service. What the....
AO Silver Member

Member car:

2.4L VTEC Honda

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by black_gtv_v6:
<strong>You guys. Don't put up with such nonsense pricing! Labour should be no more than $100/hr. My assessment of dealers' "service":
Rick(Smith)- when I went there was a ****** service consultant. Knew nothing about AR. Only went once for warranty claim. Problem persists.
Centro - charge an eastern suburbs premium - like $120 extra for a brake flush where Italia (same company) include this in the service cost (where applicable).
Italia - ok, but damaged my car while "fixing" it. Replaced damaged part (after inconveniencing me).
Next stop will be Brian Foley Alfa, Hurstville. Authorised AR service. Quoted almost half the price of dealers' (Gtv) annual service. What the.... </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I suppose everyone has different experiences I am very happy with Centro Service they have not ripped me off once ! Remember at the end of the day all the dealerships have to pay for there overheads!
AO Member

Why make excuses for centres that are clearly ripping off owners? But hey, if you are happy to waste your hard earned so be it... a matter for each owner.
AO Gold Member

County: -
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by black_gtv_v6:
<strong>Why make excuses for centres that are clearly ripping off owners? But hey, if you are happy to waste your hard earned so be it... a matter for each owner.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, you get Eight dealers to choose from in NSW but we in Victoria only get 4 if we include the one at Geelong frown
AO Silver Member

Member car:

2.4L VTEC Honda

<strong>Why make excuses for centres that are clearly ripping off owners? But hey, if you are happy to waste your hard earned so be it... a matter for each owner.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I,m the last person in the world to get ripped off! Before I go ahead with anything I always shop around and get at least 3-4 quotes!

But hay just when you find somthing cheap there will always be somthing cheaper! So you can't have your cake and it too!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

I did the 20K service today (21650km on the clock) on another dealer.

THIEVES!!!

Cost:

Selenia 20K (6lt) -------- 45.84
Oil filter --------------- 10.04
Pollen filter ------------ 42.50
Valvoline ZC75 103 (2lt) - 15.06 (wtf is that for??)
oil screw washer insert --- 0.79
winshield liquid ---------- 1.12
VAT ---------------------- 18.33

pollen filter change ------ 8.81
20k service -------------- 58.82
VAT ---------------------- 12.17
------------------
TOTAL: ------------------- 213.48

that's WITHOUT air filter and brake pads!!

79.8 is their fee for changing oil and two filters!!! eek!

i knew that they will rip me off, but i did it for the 20k stamp on the service sheet from an authorized dealer. Lots of money for just a stamp...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
20k , costs , service