passanger comfort in 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
passanger comfort in 147

Hi All,

First time post, so please be gentle. Am shopping around for a new car and am seriously considering the 5-door 147 with the 2.0Litre T- Spark engine, and manual transmission. The only issue I have with the 147 is the lack of space in the back seat and the boot. Iíll be carting the family (wife and 2 kids aged 4 and 1), especially on weekend trips so the small boot will get utilised to the max.
Maybe I should buy a bigger car (156 maybe) but love the look of the 147. Appreciate any feedback / thoughts on the 147ís back seat passenger comfort & boot space.

Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Hi GA,

Welcome to AlfaOwner and I hope you will enjoy your stay over here. If you want to use a 147 as a family car it is possible but nor really practical. I even know a couple of 147 owners who use their 147 for family transportation.

The room in the back seat is IMHO not too small (I have a 1 year old daughter myself) but I think the boot is not big enough for weekend trips. If you can afford a 156, I would definitely go for that one.

I can understand you love the looks of 147, but the main thing is that you go for an Alfa Romeo. I don't know how they do it, but in a way you will be infected by the so called Alfa virus and you will love your car and will find the car more then only a nice way of transportation. Once you have bought an Alfa then you will know what I mean.

AO Gold Member
County: -
Hello GA,
I see that you safely made your way over from the news group
Hope your not too battered and bruised

Stori (alias GJS)
AO Member

Member car:

06 VW Golf GTI

You'll recognise me from too!

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

Jono (alias Jonathan Clarke)!
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750GTV 147Lusso

Welcome to AO!
I looked at a 147 but the boot was smaller than my wifes 145. I went for a 156SW because I liked the look of the SW but in all honestly the saloon has a bigger boot, especially if you avoid the Bose stereo which uses up a lot of space on the left hand side.
AO Member
County: Australian Capital Territory

Member car:

RS Clio 197

You can use the 147 for family duties. I have adult sized children and yes we can all go away in it, albeit boot space is at a premium. What they complain about is that it's claustrophobic in the back. Which I can appreciate and sympthasize with, and the car pampers the two front passengers. So they prefer to go in our Astra that is roomier in the back and with a bigger boot.

But with kids your age, they'll fit happily in the back. Mind you we've also gone away in other small cars, such as a Mazda 121 and a 3 cylinder Daihatsu Charade. So we're used to fitting everything into limited space. So, if everyone's happy go for it, but there may be compromises.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , comfort , passanger