water in car - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
water in car

while away my car a 156 V6 was out all night in torrential rain, when I opened the drivers side door I found water alongside the boot release leaver.Has anyone had this problem? the car was on level ground and it has never happened while driving. The rubber seals seem ok to my novice eyes.Gratefull for any help.
btw, the V6 is awsome
Sponsored Links
Do you have a sunroof ?? If so this could be the cause - I have a similar problem but on the passenger side. In heavy rain the passenger seat gets wet (and the area where the boot release would be if it was on the drivers side)- but all the seals are in tact!! ??? Took it to alfa (my freind works there so answers are usually a bit more honest that the norm) and he said the drainage system on the 156 sunroof is poor - while it is sufficient for average everyday rain, when you get extremeley heavy rain it struggles to clear the ducts so it overflows, it is even worse on an angle!! Be grateful for this advice because apparantley he has seen people charged 3 hours labour to get this advice. Apparantley its a job they can justify aswell cos it takes ages to dismantle and check!! *******s!!!

No I dont have a sunroof but thanx for replying.
AO Gold Member
County: -
As a starting point,I would try having someone sit in the car ,then spray hose around the door and window and see if they can see where the water is entering. frown
AO Gold Member
this is a bit of a common problem on 156s and 147s. try the Search feature, you'll be sure to find something helpful!

i'd take it to the dealer!
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Banflu:
<strong>this is a bit of a common problem on 156s and 147s. try the Search feature, you'll be sure to find something helpful!

i'd take it to the dealer!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Search feature is very handy, u'll find a lot of information, though it didn't help me cause I'm the third case in whole Europe with my waterproblem. Though very learnful

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

car , water