Reset Service Indicator - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 27-02-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Reset Service Indicator

My totally useless dealer serviced my car (147 2.0) at the beginning of January and I have just noticed that the service indicator wasn't reset. Does anyone know how to do this??

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
I guess it only can be done via the diagnose connector under your steering wheel ... ask your dealer I say
AO Member
County: Northumberland
Moaning Re: Reset Service Indicator

I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago when my 147 went into Reg Vardy in Glasgow for its second annual service. When I dropped it off I asked the receptionist to make certain the service indicator was reset and when I collected it he told me that it had been. No prizes, then, for guessing that when I checked it was still saying "600 miles to service" (or something like that). I returned to the reception desk and had to wait 45 minutes for a technician to try to reset it - unsuccessfully - and then tell me, "I don't know anything about these cars". I had to take it back the next week to have the indicator reset - as it happened, this wasn't a huge inconvenience as it was booked in anyway for warranty repairs to the front suspension, but it could have been. I don't know what is more depressing: having a guy in an Alfa Romeo service technician's jacket telling you he doesn't know what he's doing (washer fluid in the sump? that'll be fine, sir!), a service receptionist telling you a job's been done when it hasn't been, paying 213 for all this live entertainment, or getting home and finding that they've left the bonnet unlatched. If you ask me, Alfa dealers are sponsored by Audi/BMW.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

indicator , reset , service