air filter - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
air filter

Hi folks, will a free flow filter like K&N, Cotton Green or Autodelta actually make a difference on my V6, basically is it noticable.
many thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
If your already driving a v6 then probably not - they do on the smaller engines but this tends to be more noise and a tiny little more responsive but on a v6 - doubt it. But thats not to say if you have a little bit of spare cash you shouldnt, Im sure there are many V6 owners interested in your findings.
AO Member
I've tried on Novitec's Kingdragon filter on my 2.5V6, power gain is hardly noticeable. At first I thought the induction noise is wee-bit louder with slightly better response, but then I tried swapping back the factory paper filter, and didn't notice any difference at all. I find it a hassle when it comes to cleaning the reusable air filters, I might just go back to the paper filter when the Novitec filter is due for cleaning.
I have had the K+N filter fitted and the induction noise and a slight increase in reponse is there. There is acouple of other low cost things you can also do.a)Use optimax fuel b)Fit a straight through induction pipe(replaces the air baffle box after the air filter) for more induction noise.c) Fit a sports exhaust back box(if not already done). As the K + N filters don't need cleaning until 40,000 miles use, the job is not that often done.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

air , filter