Bluetooth + 147 + Bose - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 20-02-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Bluetooth + 147 + Bose

Hi there guys and girls,

I'm a lurker from Oz with a new 147 Sele (first alfa, great car ), and I'm eyeing a new phone (specifically the Sony Ericsson P800, which looks awesome) ... just wondering whether anyone out there has experience with getting a bluetooth car kit installed in an Alfa with a Bose stereo.

Does it work with muting the stereo, car speakers, etc? Does it display the caller number on the multifunction display? I'm probably thinking about the SonyEricsson kit at present.

I did a quick search on the forums, but couldn't find anything hugely conclusive, although there did seem to be a few happy people.

Thanks a lot,
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member

Welcome here, m8

I guess the Bleutooth thingie is just another carkit. Only you do not need a phone holder. What I mean is, that the "box" can be connected with your (Bose) stereo, just like my Nokia CARK91.

If you pull the radio out, you'll see a sticker on it with the exact electric diagram.
There is a phone mute and a RF+ and RF- input for sound sover all the speakers.

Good luck!
If you have any Q's, just post them...
AO Silver Member
Ivo is Right.

I've the Bluetooth Carkit from Parrot (CK-2000) and use it with a Ericsson T39. The difference with a normal carkit is that you can keep your phone in your pocket and use voice to call numbers.

Pre: -no ugly stuff on your dashboard
-no more forgetting your phone in your rear pocket followed by a struggle to get it out
-It looks cool to passengers when you call or get called

Cons: -Voice-dialling sometimes behaves very weird your phone doesn't get charged automatically, altough offcourse you can always use an adapter
-You look like an idiot when the call goes bad because the stupid machine won't listen

Regarding the caller-ID: the system automatically mutes your radio and tells you who's calling (with your own voice that you recorded )

Look here for their website
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 24-02-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Cool, thanks guys. I'll post something here when I get everything organised ... looks lik the P800 phone is released in Australia sometime 'round the end of this week...

There are also wiring diagrams for the GSM pre-disp in the 'downloads' section of my site if you need that, good luck!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , bluetooth , bose