147 Q2 Recent Problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 22-12-08 Thread Starter
County: Lancashire

Member car:

147 Sport Q2

147 Q2 Recent Problems

Just thought I'd post on here about my recent experiences.

Car is one year old... recently took it in to get the following looked at:

1) Vibration when holding car at 70 on motorway after driving long distance the car would be almost un-driveable
2) Wipers catching on Bonnet
3) Indicator not canceling properly
4) CD player skipping after being on for 45 mins

So I took her to Dews in Brighouse and that's where the fun began.... Vibration and indicators no fault found, they did however agree to replace the stereo and wipers..... parts on order....

I'm then driving home and get a phone call.... Hello .... yes sir... it's Dews in Brighouse.... errr.... bad news.... someone in an Astra has just reversed in to your car.... "AGGGHHHH!" I go and pick her up.... deep scar down the drivers side... not happy!

Driving her back to work guess what the vibration is there as bad as ever!!!

So a swift phone call.... and a rant about how the near side drive shaft is shagged they say they'll look at it again....

I take her back for the cosmetics, new radio and wipers..... they take her out and find the fault! Needs a new drive shaft.... surprise surprise!!

So I go and pick her up all shiny and clean.... altho they've used a brush on her ..... and take her back to work.... no vibration

All is good until I slip her into reverse.... no auto rear wiper!!! aggghhhh!!! No reverse light!!! Aggghhh...

Back she goes!

Get's sorted while I wait one morning

So after all that... I'm just left with a dodgy indicator.... oh and AM no longer works so no 5 live on the way home .... think they forgot to connect something ? Ideas anyone ?

i must say Dews were very good considering all that lot! And I would recommend them if anyone is interested..... I had a mini nightmare but they have sorted everything I asked.... except for the indicator... but I can live with that!!

Mr B!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , problems , recent