JTD fuel pressure fault - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 18-12-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Lancashire
Moaning JTD fuel pressure fault

Hi all my 2002 2,4 jtd has a fuel pressure fault, happened 2 weeks ago going to rally gb cruising down the motorway happily at 80 then after about 60 miles it cut out in the 3 rd lane (**** myself).
Got it home a day later after driving it with the fuel pressure sensor disconnected from the fuel rail (electrical plug). used ethos and found f/c p0190 (due to sensor disconnected) and p0191 fuel pressure control. Changed fuel pressure sensor no change and changed fuel regulator and rear of high pressure pump and it drove perfect for about 250 miles then it happened again, cleaned out fuel tank and tested low pressure pump always pumping between 2.5 and 3 bar, checked the wiring between ecu and the 2 sensors got continuity within the loom, got to be honest drove it on a 50 % mix of diesel and bio diesel for 18 months. It doesn't matter if its hot or cold it still cuts out, i'm wondering if the regulator is faulty or is it the pump with sticking valves but i dowt that or its damaged, where could i purchase an overhaul kit for the pump? or replace the regulator on the back of the pump

please help anyone

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

fault , fuel , jtd , pressure