Noise on engine start plus few fluid questions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 15-12-08 Thread Starter
County: Lancashire
Noise on engine start plus few fluid questions

Hi all,

I have a noise when I start my engine but it only happens first time of the day, its a sort of liquid through pipes noise and lasts about 1-2 seconds. Didnt do it before I had my cambelt, aux belt, tensioners, variator and water pump changed. Im thinking its something to do with the water/coolant?

My selespeed fluid is halfway between min and max. Have been to halfords but couldnt find any of the correct fluid, cant remember what its called now but it displays it on the service info menu. Any idea where to get it?

Im having trouble seeing the level of brake fluid in the reservoir, just cant see the level and the filler filter doesnt seem to pull out so cant look inside. If i put some in and accidently filled over max would this be bad?

Also regarding oil level, I have found oil consumption to occur with this car and have filled about half a cm over the max level
Is this bad? I guess it'll be about right in a couple hundred miles but worried about it in the meantime.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Re: Noise on engine start plus few fluid questions

Is the coolant topped up properly? Check when cold. Gurling sounds like it may be a bit low, unless it's to do with the selespeed which I know nothing about.
Half a cm over max on the oil should be OK, I'm surprised you could measure it that accurately

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

engine , fluid , noise , questions , start