Clutch pedal dropped to the floor incident - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 15-12-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
Clutch pedal dropped to the floor incident

I had a bit of a nasty experience yesterday after the clutch pedal in my GT 1.9 JTD dropped to the floor and didn't return back up as I tried to change gear. I had to pull up quickly in fifth gear, coming to a juddering halt.

The RAC came out a discovered that the pin connecting the clutch pedal to the mechanism operating the clutch master cyclinder had come off (left hand side, near the top of the clutch pedal). I discovered later that this is a saftey recall issue for GTs, and a new retaining pin was issued to resolve this. I'm just thankful that I was on a local road and not on the M25 in the outer lane when this happened!

Fortunately, the replacement pin costs 2.40 from Alfa Romeo and is a standard stock item. I found the original pin stuck inside the top of my driver's footrest along with a small metal washer. The replacement pin is completely different from the original one but if you have a GT, might be worth checking to see if the recall was done.

The old pin is plain metal and is a suashed 'D' shape. The new one is black anodised metal and a sort of figure of eight with the pin running straight done the middle.

Alfa Romeo GT Cloverleaf Q2 170bhp
Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon TI Q4 210bhp

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

clutch , dropped , floor , incident , pedal