Alfa Romeo 156 FOB Key issue... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 13-12-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa Romeo

Alfa Romeo 156 FOB Key issue...

3 years ago, I purchased my Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS. It's a 1999 model, with which I only received one key - this being the red master key, like the one shown in this picture (without the remote):

I finally decided to bite the bullet and pay the rather large sum of money for a new key; as I would hate to lose the only key that I do have!

So I went into the Alfa Romeo dealership, and ordered the key. Here in South Africa, your VIN/Chassis number is sent to the main head office in Italy, where the correct key is cut and sent over. The key I received [3 weeks later] was that of a Red FOB key, along with a new code card. I took it into Alfa yesterday so that the key could be programmed and coded.

They told me that the key would start the car, but the remote button would not be able to operate unlocking/locking the doors, as they needed an Alarm Code, which I do not have. The told me they'd phone through to some place to get hold of the code, so that we could get the key into its full working capacity.

A few minutes later, a man returned saying that there was no Alarm code for it and that was that. Is this true, or is it that they didn't actually bother phoning for the code? I don't get why Alfa would send a key that was not compatible with my car?

What should I do?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alfa , fob , issue , key , romeo