Rear window woes. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 12-12-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex
Help Rear window woes.

Driving to work this morning I wound my rear window down a couple of inches to get some fresh air and it won't wind up now. I have to manually lift the glass, but it comes down after a few minutes driving. I can hear the motor clicking when I press the button but the glass doesn't move. (have tried front and rear switches)

Has it come of a rail or something? Seems to go up and down easily, as if there is nothing holding it back. Is this common, how easy is it to get into the door? I'm going away on holiday tomorrow night so don't have much time to sort it.

It's a 2000 156 SP3 byt he way.
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #2 of 3 Old 12-12-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex
Re: Rear window woes.

Anyone? I have been searching on and it seems it's either the regulator or the cable has snapped, haven't had the door apart yet though. Does this sound about right?
AO Gold Member
Re: Rear window woes.

There's no "rail" for it to come off, the glass is attached to a plastic bracket via a peg / clip, and the bracket is clamped to the wire of the winder mechanism....

It sounds as if the cable has snapped, unfortunately.

Removing the door trim isn't difficult, but can be fiddly. Lift up the rubber trim at the bottom of the door pull - undo the two allen screws and then remove the plastic pull frame - carefully undoing the window switch plug - this will give you access to two 10mm nuts holding the doortrim to the door. Prise out blanking plug in the door handle plate and undo the phillips screw there and disconnect the handle from the rod, gently prise off the speaker cover, and undo the small screws holding the speaker to the trim, and then the screws holding the speaker mount through the trim to the door. Then the trim is just held to the door by plastic plugs that will come off when you gently prise the trim loose, and slide it up over the door lock button.

Then you can get at the winder mechanism......

Or just jam something into the top of the door between the glass and the trim to stop the window dropping until you get time to sort it at Xmas!

AROC Vice-Chairman and Lancashire Section Secretary

Alfa organ donor to the gentry......

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

rear , window , woes