She's got to go! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 09-12-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Bristol
She's got to go!

When something goes wrong on the alfa (I bought a week ago!)
I swear to god I'm going to sell it as soon as I fix it.

Then as soon as it's fixed and i take it for a test drive....I start to feel triumphant that i have slaughtered the deamons of my alfa and kept the heart beating in my tempremental friend..... then my brain takes over again.

I have been looking for this Alfa for ages and now i know it is perfect - I just want to remember it as it is now....

I've had my Alfa 156 2.0 lt TS Wooden Steering, black leather, gun metal, 09/2000 model for a short time but feel I have done the alfa thing
It's been brilliant, driving, fault diagnosing, fixing the stat and crank sensor, and driving again...emotional!. However I have become the father if twins and just can not spend this much time on a car - much as i love her

What i want your universed sized knowledge on is, what you think it is worth in this market??
What have you sold yours for recently?

much appreciated
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Derbyshire

Member car:

1 5 6 Selespeed

Re: She's got to go!

I think this is really difficult as no one on here has seen it or driven it, has seen the colour and condition of the engine, body etc. Does the car have full main dealer history? if the car is 100% then the top book price for a 2000 "w" private sale would be..... about £1500 i think but i also think you would be more than lucky to sell it before the end of Jan at anywhere near that price.
You might as well keep it until March when the weather starts to pick up along (HOPEFULLY !) with sales of secondhand cars ( I M H O )

Engines by Alfa, prices by Fiat, design by God – that's the 156. Whichever engine you get.

Last edited by amazzone-verde; 09-12-08 at 22:19. Reason: .........i m h o
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire

Just (within 3 weeks)paid £1500 for my 156 Selespeed;car is black, with dark green velour interior, no wooden steering wheel, immaculate inside,very good condition outside and only 58k on the clock(with most of the MOT certs to verify it)
Only problem to date (touching wood) was drivers seat airbag cable came loose and needed a reset (£35 at my local independant) thru examiner.
I could've paid less maybe on Ebay, but knew the seller and made the fatal error of test-driving it; no going back then!
Hope that helps :-)
AO Member
County: Tyne and Wear

You will get very little selling it now far better wait till well after xmas...but who knows...the way the economy is at the minute you may as well keep hold of it if you like the car...'warts,gremlins,scraped knuckles and all'

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT