creaks, rattles, no rolls - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
creaks, rattles, no rolls

My 156T Spark 2 litre has developed a creaking sound and a nasty rattle over bumps almost like something metallic loose, i have checked every thing and the only loose thing is the fibreglass bash plate, it has a split in it.(which makes a different sound to the one i can hear in the cabin) any ideas on what to look for? cheers lads
Sponsored Links
i know when my skid plate was loose, it made all kinds of strange sounds, one of them actually sounded like it came from the trunk! wink
James N
I have a similar noise, but 2 dealers and an independant have not been able to find anything wrong. A p/email from someone has stated that replacing the upper wishbones and anti-roll bar should solve it. Although I am not sure if this is the case with mine as I do not have any roll through corners, and the top wishbones have been done. It may be that there are some bushes slightly worn, anti-roll bar linkages, or the lower arms are on the way out.

What tyres do u have, are they a hard compound. Also have u had 4 wheel alignment done recently, are the tyres worn? My problems have largely been resolved with a 4 wheel alignment (the 5th one), re-greasing the bushes and turning the stereo up....

Let us know how u get on.
AO Member
i had similar noises took it to the dealer and the i dont know what theyre called there triangular heavy pieces of metal that join the axes to the wheels and boy heyre expensive to change cost around 800$ and labor
bumoy roads **** it all up
James N
Sounds like the bottom wishbone, although I could be wrong, uk cost is approx 150 + Vat and fitting, est 400 UK dealer.
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by James N:
<strong>the upper wishbones and anti-roll bar should solve it</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that could be it - look
here as well for more info.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

creaks , rattles , rolls