Bose audio/subwoofer fix - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 26-01-03 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

06 VW Golf GTI

Bose audio/subwoofer fix

I was thinking about getting my Blaupunkt head unit fixed to resolve that annoying subwoofer issue which affects the unit when powered on in CD/CD Changer mode -- the volume needs to be changed +/- 2 units (or mute then unmute) to activate the sub.

Has anyone had this fix performed (the PDF describing the fix is floating around somewhere)? My dealer advises me that the head unit needs to be removed and sent to Blaupunkt to be modified.

Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Wow, didn't know there was a fix for this! I'll add it to my FAQ section. Has anyone had the fix performed, good question...

If you could fix it yourself from those PDF details it would be good. Even better if your dealer would do it for you based on those instructions.

But sending the unit away and being without sound for up to a month? NO THANKS>>>>

... ill just hit +2 to get the sub going
My 147 is currently at Guest Alfa Romeo in Knowle (previously Ryauto). They have a printout of the document from Blaupunkt and insist they have never heard of this problem before. In fact, they insist that the document refers only to head units from the 156.

I gave them the document and the serial number of the head unit 3 weeks ago hoping they would contact someone somewhere and get all the replacement parts ordered ready. Yeah right.

I had to explain the symptoms yet again.... and now they will "see what they can find".

I doubt they'll ever even admit that its a problem, never mind actually sort it out. I guess I should just do what the Blaupunkt document recommends - find a Blaupunkt service centre.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and let you know...
Guest Alfa Romeo say that the document from blaupunkt only refers to 156 Bose system.

The 147 setup is different because of the CAN bus (?).

They understand the problem at last and are going to try to find an answer.

They've ordered a new headrest because the one in the passengers seat in my car makes a shaking sound like marracas (apparantly they all rattle - I didn't hear the salesman include this in his sales pitch! - but mine is excessive). Guest originally thought they might have to replace the WHOLE SEAT, but it appears that the headrests are removable/replaceable. Can't wait to get a new headrest that will no doubt end up being a different shade of grey leather than the rest of my interior!
AO Gold Member
I just set my radio to tuner just before shutting down the engine. Then, if I start the next morning, I haven;t got the BOSE BUG

I thinks it's better this then to *PLOP* the speakers evrytime ....

Anyway, I agree: work around is better then to have no radio for weeks

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

audio or subwoofer , bose , fix