Alfa 156 wont start - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 07-12-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Bridgend

Member car:

Alfa 156 wont start

I will try and explain as much as i can and here it goes,

OK my poor alfa has been sitting outside for over a year as i have lost my license (thats another story lol)

Anyhows, since its been out there i have still maintained it, as in starting it changed oil and antifreeze moving it the lot, anyhows because of the cold spells i have took the battery out and brought it inside the house as i know that the cold can really kill it, and i did that a week ago and started it up as i normally do.

Yesterday i put the battery in ( fully charged) tried to start it up ( all lights on dash and everything else lights up as normal) turned the key to start and everything shuts down, i turn the key off again and try to start and there is no power whatsoever.

When i take the cables off the battery and put them back on again, its all normal like the first stage but when i want the engine to start all powers goes again.

My question is what do you think is going on ??? is my starter gone?? electric short or some thing???

I am a little stumped by this and because i am getting my license back next month i am worried i may not be able to take it for a spin

All suggestions are fully appreciated

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
County: Wexford
Re: Alfa 156 wont start

check the battery voltage when some-one else is starting the car.

could be a loose sonncetion or the battery lead is not fully tightening due to the spacer in the centre.
County: Nicosia
Re: Alfa 156 wont start

most probably its your battery. try jump start cables with another car.

If that doesnt work out , maybe your starter motor is jammed. Happened to me once. Not ulikely if your car was in the rain for a long time.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alfa , start