Exhaust - how much power gain? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.4 JTD

K&N recommend cleaning the filter every 30 to 50 thousand miles, making sure you check it every year. Change more often if dusty / sandy etc.

See http://www.knfilters.co.uk/

One thing that worries me is if you have your air filter exposed to a good flow of air, are the filters designed to cope with stones etc being thrown into the intake and not get punctured?

(How about this for a 'Cool' intake - http://www.gruppemeurope.com/frE46M3.JPG )

On the subject of accelerometers, I imagine that you would use it alot to start with and then get bored with it - it would be nice to hire one for a week or so - either way still a nice toy

Kristian (156 2.4JTD 140BHP)
On my 2nd Amazon Green
Sponsored Links
Damn that intake looks good! Must cost a fortune though, hehehe...

Yeah, the accelerometer sounds like a good thing to buy together with a few mates...
AO Member
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by stewright:
<strong>Hi Guys, where can I get a preformance metre from for a 156, how much do they cost and how do they work - sorry for all the questions!!

Steve</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">have a look at: Race-Technology in the UK.

On the point of measured and tuned power output, one thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the cars rolloing out of the factory are claimed to have a certain "standard" bhp; hmmm, not always the case, as some cars might have slightly more or slightly less.

A 147 is the Alfa and the Omega of all. www.ricojfdd.net [+=]

The Red Pepper: 1.6L, 120+ bhp
BMC CDA, OZ 17" w/ Bridgestone Pole Potenza rubber, custom-made back box, SuperSprint cat replacement and centre section, Foliatec tints, Bilstein shocks, cross-drilled discs, Sony Xplod CD/Mp3 stereo, Momo gear knob + steering wheel, Sparco pedals, Beltronics Euro 550 Radar Detector and more...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

exhaust , gain , power