Re: Newbie 156 jtd questions
Hello James I can add a couple of things here I think:
1) 140/150bhp. Only on the very late cars (05 or 55 plate) did the 150 make an appearance. The only way to make sure is checking the engine number on the info plate under the bonnet. The codes are:
i) 192A5.000 140bhp
ii) 937A5.000 150bhp
2) All Sports are 150bhp, not sure about the TIs.
3) If serviced on time etc these units seem to be extremely robust. No problems mentioned on here, except for the waterpump on the 16v engines, they have failed prematurely snapping the cambelt. Most folks here now go for 60,000 mile cambelt/tensioner/idler/waterpump change instead of 72.
4) VDC standard certainly on the facelift cars Nov 03 on.
5) A rough list from bottom up, others can fill in where I've left off, this is not comprehensive!:
i) Turismo. No leather, no sideskirts, 15/16" wheels, standard
ii) Lusso - the 'comfy' option, more options included such as
higher spec cloth seats etc but still standard suspension set-
iii) Veloce 1. The harder version, lowered suspension, sideskirts,
16" teledial wheels, normally cloth seats but you can go for:
iv) Veloce 2.....which has the leather seats.
v) TI. More add-ons including even lower suspension than the
Veloce, and other trim add-ons such as the third spoke on
the steering wheel is 'chromed', 17" alloys with a particular
vi) Sport. Very rare limited edition, all in metallic Grey, all grey
leather interior, TI steering wheel, 17" spoked alloys, all 150bhp,
suspension slightly different from Veloce, front a little lower
than the rear, rather like the Roddy Harvey-Bailey set-up of
the time. Both Mangos and ARUK have advised me that only 20 of these cars were made for UK.
Hope that helps.