Anybody got a 147 with the "MP3 with voice recognition" option? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Richard Parr
Anybody got a 147 with the "MP3 with voice recognition" option?

I'm about to order a shiny new 147 Lusso, and have been looking at the list of options that I might add. At the bottom of the current list is "MP3 with voice recognition" and according to the showroom bit of, if I specify it I cant have the steering-wheel stereo controls. Apart from that, though, there doesn't seem to be much info.

So - does anyone actually know what form this MP3 player takes (hard disk based, just a better CD player that plays MP3s from CD?) - and does it have it's own version of steering wheel controls -maybe a microphone for the voice recog?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Your guess is as good as mine, but I'm happy finally some sort of MP3 is possible in the 147.
I think it will be with CD playback. It seems expensive, but not expensive enough for HD playback. And for most users HD is a big hassle.
I hope it can be build-in afterwards (just removing the old radio and plugging in the new)

Don't need Voice recoginition though...
The MP3 option from factory is a typo in the UK alfa page. There is no MP3 option for the 147 from factory. There is however cd-changers and other options for mp3 but you have toinstall them yourself. Do a search of the forum on mp3 and you find that this topic has been discused. The fiat stilo has a connect system that has mp3 but the guts of the system is completly different, even made in a diferent factory, so do not get confused. IF you want mp3 the best todo is order the 147 with preinstalled cdchanger cable, I think is standard anyway, and install a SONY cd-changer that has mp3.
Again do a search and you will find all the info you need in this forum.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , option