2.4 jtd warning light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-11-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

156 sportwagon

2.4 jtd warning light

Hi Guys,
I have a 2002 156 veloce sportswagon which was running fine until yesterday when the red injector light came on , it comes on at low revs but goes off as soon as revs increase, I wondered if it was the MAF but would appreciate any other ideas.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Staffordshire
Re: 2.4 jtd warning light

MAF dosent set the warning light off.... butif your not 100% sureby my answer just unplug it an see if it helps... if the car runs better then you need to change it....

i know crank and cam sensors can couse a few proplems, but i think they just make the engine stall when hot...

it also coud be a MAP sensor.... ive heard overboot problems that is usual coused by a faulty MAP sensor, but that usual sets the light off at higher revs, not low revs.....

you may have a crap connection on a plug so just wiggle and push all plugs..... oh its suprising what a bad earth connection can do to the running of an engine... undo the main lead from the body, spray it with DW40, scratch it against the body to remove some of the crap and fasten it again... its worth a try...its help me afew times on other cars

if in dought. MAF it out

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

jtd , light , warning