Injector warning light on instrument display - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 21-11-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

156 Lusso

Injector warning light on instrument display

i had the injector warning light come up briefly twice on my drive in to work tonight. when the light came up it kept cutting the power in and out. the light came up for about 2 minutes then disappeared, then about 5-10 mins later it came up again for about another 2 minutes.

does anybody have any idea on what this could be or is it something i would have to take to a garage to get it put on the diagnostic machine?

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

156 JTS

Re: Injector warning light on instrument display

easyest thing to do is get a mechanic to read the error code, maybe you have the same problem i had?

a few weeks before this happened i had the light flash on breifly under hard acceleraton every now and then (but with no power loss)
AO Member

I'm also scanning this forum for the same problem. The engine won't start after a relatively short journey or cuts out after about 200 yds. The red injector light come on; the engine cuts and the Tacho reading goes to zero even when the engine is still turning due to the cars momentum. When the ignition is swiched on it goes through the normal start up process. The injector light is first on; then it goes off (and should stay off) but it comes back on again in about a quarter of a second. In this case the engine won't start (obviously). However after a wait of 10 minutes or so, switching the ignition on it goes through the correct sequence and the light stays out and off we go. Something's intermittent so any clues would be appreciated.
AO Member
County: Bristol

What temp does your alfa normally run at / runs at now?
if it's a low temp i.e. below 90 degs
A faulty temp sender could do this and a stuck open stat.
got this prob at the mo, but i think the stat change has fixed it..let you know soon!

hope this helps

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

display , injector , instrument , light , warning