Actuator - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 20-11-08 Thread Starter
County: New South Wales

Member car:

Cry Like A Baby Actuator

Hi guys,

I posted a few weeks ago about replacing my actuator. Mechanic said its going to cost $4.5k . Problem was it kept shifting to neutral and dashboard warnings going off every 10 minutes or so. Also wouldn't let me reversed properly - would shift to neutral about 2 seconds after I put it into reverse. I also have to put the gear into 1st and accelerate really quickly if not it would change back into neutral.

Well because I just bought the car and it was already back at the dealer in no less than a month, I still have statutory warranty PLUS extra warranty that I bought.

The warranty that I bought clearly states that it does not cover selespeed motor.. that says a lot about their reputation. . Would the actuator fall under this? Anyways, the warranty is capped at $1.5k so I have another $4k to worry about.

The statutory warranty. Now, anyone from Australia can help me out abit here? There's absolutely no point in me asking the dealer as he'll probably just tell me my problem isn't covered so he won't have to deal with it. . I asked the mechanic and he says that its a pretty grey area - if its wear and tear then no its not covered. I didn't think the actuator is a wear and tear component? .

Yes, I am quite a girl.

Any help would be appreciated! You guys are the best.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Re: Actuator

4.5 k$ sounds far too high, these parts can be had at a breaker for 200... in many cases there are bad connections in the system and the actuator is in good nick. Wish I could help but Holland is too far away from down under.. I wish you strenght !

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT