Hard to believe, but the selespeed system has been tested - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 17-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
Hard to believe, but the selespeed system has been tested

Hi Guys. It somehow still amazes me that in this day and age Alfa Romeo are still having silly problems with their cars. I am an owner of a 147 selespeed 2002 and I have too experienced some of the occasional problems with the selespeed. Have a look at the following link which proves that Alfa did test the selespeed system before applying it to its cars! I do think that a lab test of something is never as good as a real life test of the equipment with all the added vibrations, temps, damp etc.

I have the Alfa Diag software so if anyone in the Cardiff area have an alfa 147 who needs to use it please let me know, maybe I can help you out.

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Re: Hard to believe, but the selespeed system has been tested

As stated in the document, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Maserati etc are equiped with Selespeed boxes, you don't hear problems with those cars ! so what's wrong ? answer: Alfa's are used as day by day cars and they wear out like any other car in the world.
besides that, owners of said makes don't complain when they get bills in the thousands but we do !!
Global Mod Team
County: Milano

Not true rarebear. The selespeed and other variants are made by a company called Giordano (if memory serves me well) and I assure you that Ferraris and Maseratis also suffer from occasional problems on these systems.

Yet, Alfas do seem to be somewhat weaker/more prone to problems, at least based on the posts on AO.
AO Platinum Member
County: herts

What I found interesting was the Sele illustrations in the IMI publication technology and so on, looks identical to a VW arrangement of a few years past! Not the latest DSG systems, I must add.:P

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

hard , selespeed , system , tested