156 rear door child locks - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 18-12-02 Thread Starter
AO Member
156 rear door child locks

my 3yo is able to reach the interior door handle now

can the 156 have its reardoors only able to be opened from the outside??

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Edna Mode!

If I'm correct the rear doors should have a children lock mechanism. With my 147 you can activate this by putting the car key in the slot, which can be found DIRECTLY next to the locks on the innerside of the door (where the door lock meets the clip attached to the car's bodywork). By turning the key in the right direction you can engage or disengage the child lock mechanism.

Just have a look by opening the rear doors and check out the locking mechanism ON THE DOOR! It should be there somewhere....I guess.....

By the way, in your 156 manual it should clearly state how to activate this.

I don't need no one to tell me about heaven, I look at my son and daughter and I believe.

Quote of the month: "Extremist ideas bring NON-tolerance as a result, because people having their face stuck up so deep in their Ar5e that they can't smell nor are interested in other's 5hit!"
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 18-12-02 Thread Starter
AO Member
at work=no manual=basic question
thx for prompt reply
AO Member
County: Devon

Member car:

156 sportwagon

Hmmm 156 rear door child lock problem

Hi all and forgive me for being a new-be to this site! I have a problem with both back doors of my 2002 156 Sportwagon which may or may not be related to child locks. Nearside rear door does not operate with the central locking but opens from inside or out when unlocked using inside handle. Offside rear works with central locking but will not open from inside which I presume is the child-lock but the opening on the inside edge of the door (for key activation) is slightly misaligned behind the body metal and I cant get the key in. Is this a "dismantle and look for a solution" job or is there someone who has had this experience and can give some direction.

Ps. I have just bought the car so I don't have a history. (I had the same model 9 years ago but with regret, sold it when I began driving company cars. Now I have been made redundant and there are not many perks to that condition but at least I can choose my cars again!)

With hope
AO Silver Member
County: Bristol

Member car:

156 Sport 2005

well the nearside rear door probably has a faulty lock motor and would need replacing; 2nd hand mechanisms available on ebay i suspect. I think you've answered your own question with the other door

ps. next time it's probably best to start a new thread as this isn't really related to the original issue

pps. The doors have a skin on the inside of them, once you get the door card off, you'll need to cut through this to get inside the doors but you MUST reseal it - you'll have wet carpets otherwise.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , child , door , locks , rear