Sqeeking windows / door rubber seals . - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Sqeeking windows / door rubber seals .

Many posts on this problem but no long lasting cures. Yes i know about the silicon sprays and even it was mentioned some time ago that a alfa was going back to the dealer for a known cure for this, but he never posted what happen at the dealers with his car?

Some body must know what causes it and if there is a solution.
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750GTV 147Lusso

Do you find it goes away once your car interior warms up? Both our Alfas live outside and when it's cold, the doors only fit where they touch, especially on the 145! Once the car warms up, it's OK. I had just put it down to the rubbers shrinking overnight...
AO Member
You may have hit upon the true cause. I own a two month old 147 and I have two typical rattles and squeaks. I get the dashborad rattle but somehow that doesn't bother me yet. It is intermittent and coming to think of it I have not heard it for three weeks. The one that bothers me is either in the left front or left rear door and it's quite loud. It seems to dissapear after 30 minutes so maybe heat and rubber are relevant. DONT get any kinky ideas!
Happens when the car is cold or warm but got the car near the end of summer so don,t know if the cure is our 'warm' english summers.
Lee Davis
I have some Autglym rubber and vinyl conditioner/cleaner. I had the door seal aqueak until, after washing the car, I gave the rubber seals a good wiping with this stuff.

Don't want to speak to soon but considering I had the problem from new (May) ... not a sausage for the last month ... I now have a steering wheel or dash board creak instead!!

Give it a try and merry Christmas
I too had a very annoying creaking noise coming from the passenger side door area and it was very hard to track down. I took it to an Alfa dealer and the guy rocked the car and the accelerator while the handbrake was on. The car creaked like an old ship!

He then booked the car in for two days (two days!!) to see if he could find the source.

Anyway, two days latter I get the car back - they say they had changed the bit of plastic that covers the airbag. But within 1/2hr the boat started creaking again. I wasn't best please - especially after two days without the car.

They said bring it in again but I decided to have a look myself.....

Using the accelerator/handbrake trick and with passenger the door open, I found that the noise stopped if you held the bodywork where the front wing meets the window screen pillar.

Comparing the panel fit of both sides of the car it was apparent that one was too close. I inserted a small piece of plastic to lift the wing from the other bodywork and I haven't heard a thing since.

It would explain why it was heat sensitive as the panels move with temperature fluctuation. The noise also tended to disappear when wet - I guess it acted like a lubricant.

Anyway, best of luck with you creak!
AO Member
For anyone who experiences creaks round the steering wheel:
When I got my bella back from her maintenance, I got a creak within a half an hour.
This was a creak I never had before (only had the ones on the left and right side of the front window) so I started looking for a solution.
And I found that the guy who drove around in my car shifted the steering wheel further away from me.
In fact, he shifted it until it was at the shortest distance from the speedo and other thingys.
When I pulled the steering wheel just a little to me, the creak stopped.
Don't know if this helps anyone, but just in case!

Count your Life by Smiles, not Tears,
Count your Age by Friends, not Years.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

door , rubber , seals , sqeeking , windows