New 166 carpet mats - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
New 166 carpet mats

After phoning my local Alfa dealer and being told that the cost of 1 x front driver carpet mat was 39.95 I decided to look around. Looked at various aftermarket sets but did not like them. Then by chance came across a small car parts shop. They said they could get a full 166 set for 28.00 and they would be a perfect fit. Picked them up tens minutes ago and guess what? They are a original alfa branded carpet mat set, with a 166 alfa logo inlayed on the drivers mat with nice new location fittings. I don,t know were they got them from but I happy now at last.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
your car is a right hand driven?
i guess you live in UK so you drive in the left side of the road as we do here in Cyprus.
I ask the alfa romeo here and they told me that they cant get me the carpets (for my 147) because there not carpets of alfa romeo for the right hand driven cars.
Is that true?
Is there any way to order the 147 carpets from the same place you order yours by internet?
AO Gold Member
County: -
Did your 147 come with carpet protector mats alraady installed (as did my 147)?

I made a set of mats out of matching colour but much better quality car carpet which I purchased.I carefully cut these to perfectly fit the footwells after marking it out with chalk. These now go over the originals. An upholsterer could do this for you.

There are other mats available here in Australia from AR dealers(example: look under accesories and then interior)
AO Member

Where were your mats made? the genuine carpet mats (RHD) sold for all current models through the dealer network in Australia are in fact made in New Zealand.

These are Dark grey, have a driver's heel pad and a rectangular logo in the driver's side. They have a hole in the back of them for a little attachment plug which screws into the existing carpet.

The mats you describe sound quite similar although I can't understand how they ended up in the UK??? It is unlikely that they would come in through the dealer network as they are not listed in the accessory catalogue or Parts CD and are sold here under a local part number!

Sounds like you got quite a good deal as I think the front ones are about A$90/pr and the rears about A$30/pr: given the exchange rate and freight it sounds like a bargain!

These are available for RHD GTV/Spider,147,156 and 166 and are much better than the original mats which don't have a heel pad and wear out quite quickly. wink
The mats are grey witha dark grey border. There is no heel pad but they have two fixing studs which match the fittings in footwells exactly.The set is all four(front / back). The carpet is thicker then the orignal ones. One thing I noticed was that the new driver mat was not as long and did not go under the pedals. When I took the car for drive the auto kick down was better. Must the old mat were stopping the pedal from traveling all the way.So when people ask how are my new mats I can say that they make my car go faster!!
Forgot to mention that they are also guaranteed for 30,000 miles.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

166 , carpet , mats