156 boot lock - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
156 boot lock

can someone please help,every time it rains the bootlock switch sets the alarm off, yes i have a spoiler with break light witch has now been sealed with mastic.but to no avail.It was replaced by alfa 6months ago yet again no solution
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Does the boot open light glow in the dash when it has been raining?

If so get the spoiler pulled off and seal around where the wire goes through the bootlid.

The only other place it can come through is around the bootlock- sometimes the lock doesn't seal properly on the bootlid if the badge has been nicked and the outer skin is slightly bent below the boot lock.

The lock switch should come right once it has dried out (after you seal the leak)

If you really want to know (and are fairly flexible)- remove the inner bootlid trim and have a (good) friend lock you in the boot with a torch while they spray around the spoiler and bootlock with a hose- you should see it soon enough if it is leaking.
I've had the same prob with my 166 ,the dealer replaced the lock under waranty because the chip inside messed thing up.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , boot , lock