Remus exhaust too noisy? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 11-11-08 Thread Starter
Remus exhaust too noisy?

Hi, all,

I've recently purchased a complete Remus cat back exhaust for our 2002 147TS 2l (with mid. silencer, not the straight-through race tube). However, my GF is a bit concerned about the extra exhaust noise. My mechanic and the seller had assured me that the noise at idle will not be too much louder, but we're mainly concerned with noise on motorway traveling at 70-80mph with the engine at 3-4K RPM. As some of you may know, 147 is not exactly quiet on the motorway even with the OEM exhaust. I just want to make sure that we don't have to turn the radio on full blast and need to shout to each other at speed. Is there any 147 owner out there who has the similar set-up and can share his/her experience with us? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Down in the Park
Re: Remus exhaust too noisy?

I have a remus backbox (and nothing else) on my 155 2.0 8v. The 8v is a much louder engine than the 16v, and the 155 certainly is less soundproofed. The nois level from the remus is barely audible, and cetainly not if you have a cone filter fitted.

Make sure the exhaust is perfectly tight, and you'll barely notice the difference. mainly the note of the exhaust will change, not the volume
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 12-11-08 Thread Starter
Re: Remus exhaust too noisy?

Thanks. That's helpful. I'm just trying to be causious as we have to be destructively remove the old exhaust during installation so there will be no turning back once we decided to fit the Remus.

What's the "cone filter," by the way?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

exhaust , noisy , remus