147 Sat nav/ language - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 10-11-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

147 Sat nav/ language

Hi guys
Can anyone help, I have had a 2002 Alfa 147 for 3 years. It has the sat nav unit built in. recently, it started saying on the centre sat nav screen that it was updating the language option? It does this for a minute or 2 then tells me that the language change failed and the system just crashes. Once this happens you cannot turn the radio off, change stations, use sat nav etc. it just crashes completely.

I have tried using the manual and followed instructions for changing the language but it just sounds like it is reading my sat nav disc but nothing happens and each time it crashes.

The only way to reset it is to turn the car off!! So I cant use any functions at all.

This has been going on for a week and when i rang the local alfa dealer they didnt have a clue what was going on??

Any ideas? It seems to me that it is searching for a language component on CD but it isnt there???

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Greater London
Re: 147 Sat nav/ language

Is your language CD in good condition/ have you tried another one?
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 14-11-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

Re: 147 Sat nav/ language

The CD is in pretty good condition but it isnt the original one. It could be a scratch or something. Its very strange as until the message about changing the voice activator comes on the sat nav actually works fine.

I think it is something to do with the CD but I dont have another one to try it with. May have to goto local alfa dealers and ask them to try it with another disc - if thats the issue i will have to buy a new disc.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , language , nav or , sat