Cleaning leather - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Cleaning leather

Does anybody know the best products / methods for cleaning the interior leather seats in alfa's yourself or is a valet company the best option?
Sponsored Links
Northern Scum
Paul I used leather cleaner we had for the sofas at home. Bought from DFS (of all places) It did the trick, mind you seats were not that dirty anyway.
hi paul the best thing for leather is saddle the name suggests it is used for the cleaning and maintenance of the various leather harnesses for horses.very importantly it prevents the leather from cracking,some of the leather cleaners in your auto shop contain chemicals which make it look great but eventually destroy is very cheap about 5bp for a bar that will last you years.
- - - - - - - - - -
keep her clean
Thanks, I was getting worried that all alfa had dirty leather seats. Like our northern friend(don,t like saying scum)ops said it I have used a cleaning product for house leather items. I am sure I have some leather soap somewhere in the house. My son bought some for his boots?
AO Member
Ive got natural leather, and I clean my seats at least once a week with this chemical I was given by the company that installed the leather. Its 20% cleaner and 80% moisturiser so im told.

Seats are soft and leather feels great, but my denim jeans are dying the leather, so im kinda worried about how to clean the demin marks and stop it from permanantly staining the seats.

any suggestions of products?
AO Gold Member
County: -
You could ask Zymol regarding your problem.(they have a leather product)
They also have a local agent in Victoria, Australia (Frankston) who I have purchased products from by mail (found him to be most reliable so far)

Alex Webster
Zymol Australia <>

Their products are expensive, however I have found their wax's etc to be excellent
AO Silver Member
I've been looking around on several car fora looking for answers and the brand that I saw mentioned the most was LEXOL. I've ordered a cleaning and conditioning bottle and have tried it once. I've tan leather and after a 4 months I was seeing a lot of stains. I got most of but I guess I've worn too much dark jeans

I still have to give it another (and better try).
I couldn't find it in Holland thought. Had to order it in Germany:

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cleaning , leather