Alarm / Central Locking Problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 07-11-08 Thread Starter
Alarm / Central Locking Problem

Just recently the alarm and remote central locking on my X reg 2.0 156 have just completely stopped working. I've tried both (black) keys and replaced the batteries to no avail...

The key works if I turn it in the lock, but that just sets the alarm off. The little red LED flashes on both fobs when I press them, but they do not deactivate the alarm or unlock the car.

I've read in the owners manual that there is an alarm shut off key, but that this is not available on UK versions, is this correct? Does anyone else have any ideas that I could try? I'm in a bit of a pickle, as I can't drive the thing to the garage to get it looked at without the alarm going off!

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Alarm / Central Locking Problem

I had the same recently, mine happened after I had a flat battery which when recharged seemed to confuse the alarm/central locking with the indicator lights staying on.
To fix I disconnected the battery for an hour this seemed to allow the alarm to reset and start working again.
Could be worth a try.

Isn't there an alarm 'arial' wire under the steering cowel that can sometimes wiggle loose?
AO Member
County: Kildare
Madness Re: Alarm / Central Locking Problem

i have slightly different and same problem now.... after changing battery on my key...central locking stopped working...i mean that with my key..cant remotely open/close doors... ;( going thru forum at the moment looking for soluton...(i have onle one one..)
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

156 GTA saloon

The aerial under the column is for the immobiliser, not for the alarm, I think the aerial for this is near the rear window. Try the battery disconnect, it fixes all sorts of alarm issues.
AO Member
County: Kildare

sensor for central locking is under 3rd light inside the rear brake lght...on rear window...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alarm , central , locking , problem