Turbo boost problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 04-11-08 Thread Starter
County: Flintshire

Member car:

156 jtd

Turbo boost problems

Hello all, first thread so be gentle.
I have a 54 plate 1.9 JTD. Engine management light is on showing P0045 boost control solenoid and P0236 sensor A. You can clear the codes but they return usually by the following morning, never straight away. The car goes into limp, turn it off and back on it comes out of limp but the light remains on.
Its had a new egr and maf from a previous problem.
So many "experts" have looked but have yet to find the location of these parts never mind a cure. So a location would be a massive help.
thanks nw63
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Lincolnshire
Re: Turbo boost problems

if it helps i'm going through the same on a 2.4jtd. let ya know if i find anyhthing useful...
AO Member
County: Kent

Firstly have a read of my post...

The Solidoid is two self tappers on the back of the plastic part of the inlet manifold, if you remove the EGR valve you'll have better access. It'll have two black vacuums pipes into it, and a two pin connector.

The Boost (MAP) sensor is a retanular thing bolted to and sticking into the inlet manifold, not more than a few inches from the solidoid. It'll have a 4 pin connector plugging into it.

I would firstly check the vacuum pipes from the actuator, it'll be blue (the pipe) it'll run up towards the battery, and to the VNT solinoid. It turns from a blue rubberised hose to a black stiffer pipe somewhere on route.

County: Norfolk

Same symptoms I had on my 04 plate 1.9JTD.

Open bonnet, look straight down just behind the grill and badge and above the radiator, you will see a white cylindrical object with a couple of black rubber tubes, one above the other. The lower of these tubes joins a rigid pipe which goes down the radiator and to the turbo vane actuator.

On my car this lower tube had a small split in it, loosing the vacuum that operates the vane actuator.

Hope yours is as easy to fix as mine was.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

boost , problems , turbo